Watering times and days for your plants, trees and lawn in Las Vegas can be found on the Las Vegas Valley Water District website. The watering schedule is divided in watering groups assigned to different areas of Las Vegas. This schedule has been put in place in an effort to reduce and eliminate the water waste in the Las Vegas valley. In addition to the regular water schedule, other watering options are restricted or allowed:
- From May 1 through Aug. 31, landscape watering is prohibited from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Watering with a handheld hose and supervised testing of your irrigation system are allowed any time.
- Watering new or reseeded landscapes daily for up to 30 days is allowed once per calendar year. This task must be recorded with the Water District, so you will not be fined.
- Water used to abate a health or safety hazard is allowed.
- Washing personal vehicles is allowed as long as you use a leak-free hose with positive shut-off nozzle.