The Construction Field Supervisor is responsible for working with and directing a field team in the performance of the work assigned while ensuring customer needs are being satisfied. As the Field Supervisor, you are the extension between the management and the field teams. Being a leader that can work with the crew while leading the crew is crucial.
The Supervisor will:
- Have 5+ years of verifiable landscape experience
- Know how to install pavers, synthetic turf, retaining walls, irrigation systems, plants, etc.
- Need to be a problem solver
- See that the team performs all assigned work with quality, efficiency, and safety in mind
- Communicate regularly with managers regarding job progress, crew performance, material/tool requirement
- Respond to any specific requests of the client while on site and notify management of work requests that are not within the contracted scope of work
- Train crew members on the proper techniques for performing regular tasks while following company policies and adhering to administrative requirements
- Ensure that all equipment and tools are secure and in good working order; forwarding problems to management as needed
Skills Leading to Success:
- Basic plant and tree recognition
- Proper installation of living landscape elements; plants, trees, cacti, sod
- Comprehensive irrigation system installation & repairs, irrigation controller programming
- Installation of pavers, retaining walls, synthetic turf in accordance with industry standards
- Basic reading, writing, and math skills to track costs, order supplies, complete paperwork, and read scale landscape design plans
- Constant communication with management
Compensation and Benefits
About V.I.P. Landscaping
V.I.P. Landscaping was founded in 2007 in Las Vegas, NV. Offering a complete range of residential landscaping services, we are strongly committed to being the industry leader in the Las Vegas Valley. We take pride in every aspect of the business, from project completion to employee satisfaction.
With annual sales exceeding $1 million and a staff of 10+ employees, we’re proud of V.I.P. Landscaping's continued growth.